The Property Shop Dressage & CT
Schooling Show Series
Last Fall a group of local horse enthusiasts met to discuss how to make Dressage & Combined Training Schoolings Shows more successful within the KC horse community. A list a gaps was brainstormed and solutions discussed. The group sought feedback from area clubs and organizations as well as trainers and horse owners.
It became clear that the KC horse community would welcome a schooling show series and the group drew up a plan. Funding was the main obstacle to launching a schooling show series. The Property Shop stepped forward to reallocate money from our marketing budget to take on the financial risk of launching the schooling show series.
So how did we do??
- 4 shows as promised
- Almost 300 dressage rides
- Over 130 jump rounds
- Overwhelmingly positive feedback
- After all costs - judges, facility rental, ribbons, championship coolers, prizes, jump manager, supplies, etc. - across the 4 shows we were just a little shy of breaking even. I consider that a success!
- Over 2 dozen participants have contacted me to encourage a 2021 Show Series! Stronly considering it!
October 17, 2020 Show
- Here is the list of Riders qualified for the Championship Show -
- Championship Classes will be separated by Jr, AA & Open divisions
- Highest test of level, if applicable, will be ridden
- Rules, Prize List and Entry Form below. Please use this Prize List!!
- Regular Classes - Dressage, Western Dressage and Combined Training Classes
- Entries close Tuesday October 13th at 10 PM
- Late Entries Accepted space providing until Wednesday October 14th at 5 PM
- Jr, AA & Open Divisions split if 3 or more riders
- Ribbons 1st - 6th Place
- Champion & Reserve Champion Awards
- Scores will be eligible for KCDS Year End Awards according to all KCDS Awards Rules
- Scores eligilbe for the new USDF Regional Schooling Show Awards
- Shows will be held Rain or Shine
- No minimum # of Entries
- Two Arena Show (weather permitting)
- Limited Stabling Available
- Limited RV Hook-Ups Available
2020 Host Facility
Phalen Equestrian Center
16821 158th St, Bonner Springs, KS 66012